The Health Benefits of Clinoptilolite
Today, clinoptilolite is being used as a dietary supplement, primarily for human detoxification. Clinoptilolite has many well‐documented benefits:
- Removes heavy metals: This zeolite has the perfect molecular structure for capturing and removing heavy metals from the body, including mercury, cadmium, lead, arsenic, aluminum, tin, and excess iron. It also removes radioactive metals like cesium and Strontium.
- Reduces absorption of nitrosamines: Nitrosamines (or nitrates) are most commonly found in processed meat, and have been linked to pancreatic, stomach and colon cancer, as well as Type II diabetes. The zeolite captures nitrosamines in the digestive tract before they can be absorbed.
- Helps to buffer blood sugar: The zeolite may help reduce blood sugar spikes by buffering excess glucose with its negative charge.
- Helps to buffer body pH to a healthy alkalinity: A slightly alkaline body pH (7.35 ‐ 7.45) is essential for good health and optimal immune function. The zeolite attracts and then buffers excess protons which cause acidity. This can help many conditions from acid reflux to Candida and arthritis.
- Improves nutrient absorption: In the gastrointestinal tract, the presence of the zeolite increases nutrient absorption and helps promote healthy microorganisms, decreasing the likelihood of stomach flu and infections.
- Reduces symptoms of allergies: The zeolite captures some of the allergens and antigens that trigger allergies, migraines, and asthma. This can help to reduce symptoms.
- Stabilizes immune system function: The zeolite does not stimulate the immune system, but allows it to function optimally by removing toxins, viruses, yeasts, bacteria, and fungi which can depress immune function and interfere with hormones. Many people report feeling increased energy, clarity, and vitality.
- Acts as a powerful antioxidant: The cage‐like structure of the zeolite also traps free radical molecules, making it an effective antioxidant (this does not mean that cellular zeolite is a substitute for more conventional antioxidants such as Vitamins C, E and A, lutein and selenium, all of which have other vital roles to play in the body).
- Completely safe: The zeolite is considered to be completely safe and non‐toxic for oral administration in humans and animals. This includes infants, children, pregnant women and nursing mothers. Studies have also been conducted in feed animals and companion animals including dogs, cats, horses and birds.